Love wool but can’t knit?
Like making your own things but also kind of lazy?
This is the scarf for you!
Based on my own experience as a lazy knitter with a thing for pretty wool, I thought of a little trick around the whole ‘knitting problem’.
Here’s how you do it.
2 balls of wool, a pretty chunky wool will do best.
2 spools of thread: 1 in the same colour as your wool and 1 in any colour you fancy.
– Cut strands of wool to the length you want.
– Place all you strands together horizontally as they will be once the scarf is finished.
– Put the your spool of thread(the same coloured one) onto your sewing machine and start sewing the wool together.
– To get the wool through the machine use your hands to keep the wool strands together and guide them through.
– Go back and forth a couple of times.
– Then move up a bit and repeat this throughout the length of your wool. I did this at intervals of about 10-15 centimeter (but whatever tickels your fancy).
– Don’t worry if it’s a little wonky it’s just to keep the wool together.
– Repeat this throughout the length of your wool.
– Now get out your fancy spool of thread and repeat the whole thing but this time try to create some nice lines and patterns while sewing.
– And presto! You’re done.
I actually made a tube scarf, so you have to sew the ends together (first the same colour thread and then the fancy thread). But it’s fine to leave it as is too.