A while ago Mini (who now officially is a Maxi) turned 5. And here in Holland that means handing out treats at school. This is what we made last year for his pre-school. This year we made popcorn with edible confetti to celebrate.
We made popcorn for 30 kids. So that means some serious quantities.
Here’s what you need:
– 600 grams of popcorn (use ready made if you want to make everything in advance)
– 2 bars of white chocolate
– edible confetti 50 grams
– candy paper 15 pieces
– tooth picks 30 pieces
– 30 popcorn boxes (I got mine here)
Here’s what you do:
– Cut out your shapes (we made the number 5 obviously) from the candy paper.
– Then melt the chocolate, I just used the mircowave but old fashioned au bain Marie is good too.
– Put a drop of chocolate on the back of your candy paper and place a toothpick on top.
– Let it dry (this takes some time) and this is how you get your topper.
– Make the popcorn or just open the bag.
– Divide the popcorn over the popcorn boxes.
– Drizzle the chocolate over the boxes.
– Than sprinkle the confetti over everything.
– Place the topper on each of your popcorn boxes and presto!